Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 22:15:35 pm

Author Topic: Northwest Epic Round Up  (Read 4416 times)

SpokaneX22

• Up and Come-er
    • View Profile
Northwest Epic Round Up
« on: March 18, 2007, 19:37:23 pm »
Thought I would at least start a new topic related to a get together this summer in the Pacific Northwest.

If people can reply with preferred destinations & dates we can start getting an idea of what will work for everyone.  Heck, even if is only for a day at Vantage/Crescent Bar on the Columbia
(centrally located) it would be great to see another Epic... In fact, my Epic is the only one I have ever seen in person!

Thanks, Jason

masonlk

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
Re: Northwest Epic Round Up
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 06:29:07 am »
I originally suggested Lk Wa because I've only got a mini van to tow with and it belongs to the company. I can get from Mason Lk to Lk Wa with an hour drive on flat road and a 40 minute ferry ride but I don't think I want to try pulling over the pass in addition to that. Plus Lk Wa is big with lots of amenities and I think several people can be on the lake in a fairly short period of time.

6/16-17, 6/30-7/1, 7/21-22, or 8/4-5 work for me. The rest of our weekends are booked with our son's swim meets. 8/4-5 is Seafair so that weekend would have to be somewhere else, unless we think we can get the tv helicopter crews to film us for the 5 o'clock news.

Dennis, that's a long haul, what day are you heading to Roosevelt and what day are you heading back?

DENNIS

• Toyota should pay me
  • 2001 EPIC S22
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 22:57:04 pm »
Leaving Dallas, Or on Mon 7/25 and driving back on Sun 8/5.  It is a long haul to Lake Roosevelt,  about 10 hours in a motorhome pulling the Epic.  It is worth it, lots of fun and sun, and ice cold alcoholic beverages.

I would like to meet up with everyone for the round up, but it will depend on when everyone goes.  Unfortunately, I cannot predict that far in the future, other than my Lake Roosevelt trip.  Once everyone confirms a date, I can figure out if I can go about 3-4 weeks before the event.

Dennis
18 Seasons without a single problem.  This boat ROCKS!!

SpokaneX22

• Up and Come-er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 05:49:18 am »
Hey, no problem with Lake Washington, as I mentioned, I have family in Belleveue so that's an easy one.  I towed my boat from Dallas (the Texas one) when I got it so I could care less how far I need to go.  2-3 No Carb Rockstars (new flavor) and I am good to go!!!

phenom_1819

• Toyota should pay me
  • Once an Epic owner ...always an Epic enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 06:20:03 am »
I'd be all for Lake Roosevelt, since I've never been and always wanted to go.  But if you drop a pin in the middle of the state, you just poked me.  So I can get anywhere really easily.   But I might advise against Lake Washington, just because it would probably be more fun to do a camping/weekend trip, and Lake WA isn't really suited to that. 

Might I recommend the state park 4 miles south of Vantage?  Excellent grounds, nice launch, lots of good water and party spots (if you want 'em, or wide open spaces if not).  And Vantage is less than three hours from anywhere in the state -- and less than 6 from anywhere in Oregon/Idaho.

Regardless, I'll be there.  I think I was the first Northwesterner on this site.  And I just can't see you having a Northwest Roundup without me.  :)
Cal
Yakima, WA
Previous owner of 2001 Toyota Epic X22

masonlk

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 02:40:55 am »
OK I'm up for Vantage. I'll beg, borrow, or steal something to tow with. Cal, are you talking about Ginko/Wanapum St park? I looked up the web site, www.parks.wa.gov, click on Park Info, and it looks pretty nice.

Dates?

phenom_1819

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 02:46:21 am »
That's the one!  The park is really nice.  There are free launches all over right there, but I pay to use the state launch because it is that nice.  And the campsites are huge -- they let you reserve ahead of time so we could book a whole bunch together if needed.

I'm free almost all weekends except holidays and the last two weeks of July.  How about late June? 
Cal
Yakima, WA

masonlk

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 04:10:00 am »
6/30-7/1? Feel confident enough about the weather then?

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 16:18:27 pm »
That timeframe will work for me, I'll be in Campbell River, BC the week before, so I'll be on the left coast already:)
Pete

'01 Epic SX

SpokaneX22

• Up and Come-er
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 17:42:50 pm »
Those dates would be fine.  I could zip over there from Spokane... I would not camp there because the wife's family lives in Wenatchee and it would be an easy tow from there each day... plus I could leave the kids there!!!

FreeLance

• Epic God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 18:20:52 pm »
Works for me.
2000 epic S22; 2004 4Runner

phenom_1819

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 20:47:50 pm »
Beautiful.  About the weather, we get 300 days of sunshine each year in Central WA!  So the odds are with us.  Water will be a touch cold, but a shorty-suit or wetsuit-top is plenty in June.  Who's booking campsites?  It sounds like there's four of us in right now -- we'd be OK with 2-3 campsites if they are together.  I just called and checked. They only have two spots together that weekend on the outside ring, or we can easily get up to 4 if we don't care about being on the outside ring.  Sites are $26/night per site.  I think it might be a good idea to book 3-4, and I wouldn't mind paying as long as we are sure we can get at least 4 boats.  I think we'll probably only be able to fit one towrig/boat and one car per site.  Total is $106 for 4.  If we have a huge rush of people that want to go, it's fine but those cars/trailers/boats would need to be parked in a seperate lot (still on site).  Thoughts?  Comments? Conerns? 
Cal
Yakima, WA

phenom_1819

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 20:49:09 pm »
I meant to remove the "who's booking campsites?" question.  I'll do it, as soon as y'all gimme the go-ahead.
Cal
Yakima, WA

masonlk

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 04:07:44 am »
I vote for booking whatever 4 sites together you think are the best. I'll cover 1 and help with another if needed. We're allowed eight per site so there's plenty of room for more to join. I'm hopping some people just haven't read this yet. We really need seven boats!

Cal, let me know how or where you want the money sent and how much.

Cyclone, you going fishin?

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 17:49:52 pm »
No but I'll bring my board and a tent!
Pete

'01 Epic SX