Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 22:15:45 pm

Author Topic: buying used Epic  (Read 2795 times)

rdrenschen

• View Profile
buying used Epic
« on: October 08, 2010, 04:21:59 am »
I've been doing some research on the Epic 23V and considering making a used purchase.  This boat is exactly what I want but I can't afford new, so I've been considering maybe an 07.  Is there an engine issue on the Epic boats pre 2009?  If so, what exactly is it and how bad is the fix?

HCollado

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: buying used Epic
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 16:20:21 pm »
 ???

You may want to read up on the history of these boats... there are no '07's and there is no issues with the engines that we are aware of. Last boats were made in '02

Are you confusing the Toyota Epics with the company in California that is selling boats using the same name but has no affiliation with the original Toyota boats?
Hector Collado
'99 Epic 22

rdrenschen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 19:54:28 pm »
Maybe so, there is an 07 Epic on Ebay from Texas Auto liquidators.  Can anybody give me some advice on this boat?http://www.txcars.net/web/vehicle/671627/2007-Epic-23V-23%20VDR-Arlington-Texas

wakejunky

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 20:12:38 pm »
The early model boats came with a Volvo engine that they had repetitive failures with. if i remember correctly it was due to heavy oil consumption. that why they discontinued use of that engine. if it still has the Volvo engine i would be VERY hesitant to buy that boat unless its such a great deal you can afford to put the new engine in it.

the composite hull is very impressive, but there are lots of cosmetic imperfections in the surface. That why all the preproduction and early models came with a "wrap". it was to cover up and hide the imperfections.

do your homework, get on wakeworld, talk to early model owners find out the issues they have. the newer boats i hear are better but 07 was the first production year. i personally would find another boat or a much newer model and then i would make sure the problems Ive talked about have been fixed and are holding up.

a local guy here in CAL had one of the first preproduction models and he customized the crap out of it "cosmetically"and then had such bad issues they wanted to replace the hull. he wanted a whole new boat. i don't know what came of it. DO YOUR homework!!!
OVER 800 HRS ON 2 EPICS.
99 E22- Sold 2007
01 SX - Sold 2013
2014 Axis A22-Sold 2018
?

denver

• Epic God
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 05:34:51 am »
Maybe so, there is an 07 Epic on Ebay from Texas Auto liquidators.  Can anybody give me some advice on this boat?http://www.txcars.net/web/vehicle/671627/2007-Epic-23V-23%20VDR-Arlington-Texas

Stay far far far away from those people (Texas Auto liquidators)  they are shady, crappy, and seriously will screw you over.  I have heard and experienced first hand stories of the shoddy cars and crap these people do.  They sell sub par cars and I assume boats at premium prices.

I looked at a car for a guy from out of town once and in the add and pictures the car looked and was advertised as flawless... when I looked at the car, it was anything but flawless, however the angles they took the pictures at hid all the flaws.  After the experiances I had and have heard of dealing with Texas Auto liquidators I cant stress enough, stay away, or at least be VERY careful and definitely come see and test drive the boat before making any commitments.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/south-region/425918-texas-auto-liquidators-mayjor-ripoff.html <- may not work

Google them, you'll find bad reviews to back me up.