Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 23:12:38 pm

Author Topic: Love my new Acme Prop  (Read 20947 times)

blindside

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • North Texas Real Estate (Dallas/Fort Worth Area)
    • Email
Love my new Acme Prop
« on: June 05, 2004, 17:08:42 pm »
Got to take the x22 out yesturday with the new acme 3 blade 13 x 11.5 .080 cup and all I have to say is WOW.  I never once had to touch the throttle once i reached the desired speed (21 mph) and the whole shot was incredible.  Now I didn't have it loaded down with ballas yesturday but the wake with no ballast was larger than it was before with 600 lbs.  I'm going to take it out today with 1200 lb fat seat and 800 in the nose and see what happens.
Brent
https://www.facebook.com/brentlbaker
2001 S22 True Blue, acme prop, Stargazer GPS Perfect Pass

North Texas Real Estate (Dallas/Fort Worth Area)
https://ntxremax.com

atlantabuff

• Epic God
  • Rock Hard Wakes!
    • View Profile
Re:Love my new Acme Prop
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 03:09:33 am »
Why did you not get a a 4 blade?  Check out our posts from last year.  No way a 3 gives a loaded boat the same hole-shot as a 4 blade.

blindside

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 04:40:26 am »
How much do you wanna bet?  I'll throw down allot cause today with 800 lbs in the trunk and 4 of us in da boat it would hole shot better than my last 3 blade when there was no balast and no passengers.  This new 3 blade has as much surface space as the 4 blades.  Also, when i used to load weight in the boat it would vibrate slightly on pull up, now that has not occured either thanks to the CNC mill. :)
Brent

blindside

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 17:42:09 pm »
Sunday I got to test out the boat loaded down with ballast.  I had the 800 lb sack in the trunk full, a 1200 lb fat seat in the back, a 600 lb sack  in the bow, 200 lbs under the front seats and 7 adults in the boat.  That is 2800 lbs ballast and 7 people!!  I AM TOTALLY STOKED!!!!  The whole shot was great and the boat pulled very consistant with very very few adjustments to the throttle if any while pulling wakeboarders at 22-24 mph.  And the WAKE WAS OFF THE HOOK HUGE!!  I am in love with my EPIC now.  We also had a very nice surf wake on the left and right side :)
Brent

toyotafreak

• Toyota should pay me
  • Classic and clean
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 19:03:57 pm »
I'm so stoked for you - that's way more weight than I'd have imagined. I wanna see pics of the wake, of the boat sitting still, of the adult females ;-)

Also interested in your RPM at wakeboard speeds.

That's a LOT of weight!
Derek Boyer
derek.boyer@att.net

2000 Epic S22
Powered by Lexus, Fueled by Chevron, Lubricated by Mobil 1 ... DNA by Toyota

blindside

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 19:48:55 pm »
I'll be sure to bring the camera this coming weekend.  I found out one of the guys had one and I told him to get it out and he took some pics surfin but that was it (the water had become to rough to wakeboard).

Also the RPM with all that weight at 23 mph was 3,750.  Ya, it burned more fuel than usual ( I used 10 gallons in 4 hours of wakeboarding and surfing, but I'm sure I won't be using that much weight all the time.  I just wanted to see what it could handle.  With 2000 lbs ballast and 5 adults the rpm was at 3400 at 23 mph.  Man this boat just gets stronger and better at those couple hundred RPM higher!  I LOVE IT and don't care about burning a few more gallons of go go juice.

Heres a pic of Dustin surfin on the passenger side and you can see Dwayne on the right side of the pic :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 21:09:50 pm by blindside »
Brent

blindside

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 21:24:32 pm »
I guess he did take some pics/video, here is a still from a video clip.  Sorry, i had to use mspaint as i don't have photoshop loaded on this pc yet.  BTW this was taken before we filled up the 800 lb sack in the trunk. so this was with 2000 lb ballast at 24 mph
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 22:37:01 pm by blindside »
Brent

phenom_1819

• Toyota should pay me
  • Once an Epic owner ...always an Epic enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 23:12:35 pm »
Dude...I gotta see a 2800 lb picture.  I'm pissed off at the Wakeworld kids right now...and want somebody to remind me that our boats kick ass.  Thanks.
Cal
Yakima, WA
Previous owner of 2001 Toyota Epic X22

toyotafreak

• Toyota should pay me
  • Classic and clean
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 00:38:54 am »
Cal, if you're feeling down and need to be reminded...go to your boat and look around well (under gunnels, etc.) Then go to your local MC, BU, CC dealer and give their boats the same look. Pay attention to how their vinyl feels, how many pieces are un-carpeted, how generally un-clean the fit and finish is. Loose ends. Oh yeah, look at the price tags.

Yes, those boats have bigger engines and will hold their value much better. You won't hear on wakeworld that the SAN was somebody's worst ride. All three are simply plug and play right now - hassle free. But look dude, even the newer pimped X-Star gets dissed for lack of power.

Remember all the stuff we've told newbies. I stick to it all (that I can remember): Epics were ahead of their time, are the best built towboats ever, and make for amazing three-sport boats (boarding, floating and cruising). Want the latest bling, look somewhere else. The industry is moving, and will be leaving us behind. Wanta keep up with the Parks'z go get an MC. Or put a blower in your Epic.
Derek Boyer
derek.boyer@att.net

2000 Epic S22