Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 19:32:02 pm

Author Topic: Replace your failed DECC electronics with a touchpanel WIFI system. For less  (Read 2321 times)

brad

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
Okay, it's true, I finally put the boat in the water two days ago for this season.  My priorities are all messed up to be starting so late.  Just wanted to say that the new touch panel system worked flawlessly.  I'm am so pleased that we now have reliable switches!!!

Thanks Pete for your ingenuity and design!  I highly recommend this upgrade!!!
Brad

2002 Epic SX

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
I was wondering when you'd get around to boating season! I'm glad everything is as expected, let me know if you have any questions.
Pete

'01 Epic SX

mikeyzee

• Up and Come-er
  • 2001 Toyota Epic SX22
    • View Profile
    • Email
Messaged! My decc is acting up.

mikeyzee

• Up and Come-er
  • 2001 Toyota Epic SX22
    • View Profile
    • Email
Pete,

I tried messaging you but apparently it never went through. Any other way I can contact you to ask some questions before purchase?

Thanks,

Mike
708-738-9808

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mikey Zee Yes I saw your message and responded, this forum is outdated and sluggish, we are working on updates. If you are a web developer you can get a discount on a facepanel system for your boat.

Please take a picture of your DECC box under dash
Pete

'01 Epic SX

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mikey, yes, ballast on the panel with your configuration is no problem, assuming you have the SX relay boxes under dash. You should get a heater, they were like 100$ on the vintagepartsinc.com website, complete Toyota heater kit for your boat. Or any boat. Only difference is length of hoses. .
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 06:28:44 am by cyclone »
Pete

'01 Epic SX

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
Updates
We are currently testing the new version of software with auto bilge and blower. Bilge pump button has a second function that will run for 60 seconds on power up, then for 60 seconds once per hour. This is to help with leaky ballasts and leaky swim platform mounts and leaky prop shafts, etc. etc. Or, you can select full time operation.

The Blower runs for 60 sec on power up and then shuts off, safety feature that I had with my Mercruiser pushbutton ignition that I always liked.

New software for ballast system equipped boats! We are also testing a two-button ballast system control that will offer independent fill and drain of the port and starboard tanks on the Epic SX. The factory setup only allows independent drain via a momentary button that you have to hold the whole time you are draining. This control could be adapted to other ballast systems. By default, it will control two pumps (fill and drain) and two valves (port and starboard)

The next trick will be to get the ballast system on my SX to actually work! I just put new Rule aerator pumps in my boat, I have never had good luck getting the system to prime and work reliably. So, I may end up ripping things out and putting in an impeller pump. The entire system fits into an area about the size of a shoe box so there are not a lot of options.

Pete

'01 Epic SX

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm just about to release the latest version of software for the panel. Regardless which options you have on your panel (hatch/shower/heater) etc. you can get cycling bilge control and auto blower. Send me your spare SD card, I will reimage and send it back, then you can send me your original and I will reimage and return it. All you have to do is power off, swap the card, power back on to have the latest enhancements.

The very latest version for 2001 SX's has a two-button ballast control that offers independent fill and drain for the factory system. It is also plug-and play for factory ballast equipped boats. The control has a timeout that shuts down all pumps and valves after 20 min to lessen the likelihood of pump or valve burnout.
Pete

'01 Epic SX

platinumEX

• Guppy
    • View Profile
Sent you message Pete but it's not showing up in my messages. Just making sure it went through? Interested in your DECC upgrade.

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi Platinum ,
I sent you a reply message, sorry I didn't notice you had sent me one. Please give me a ring at your convenience to discuss your needs.

Pete
Pete

'01 Epic SX

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi all, hope your boating season is starting off well. If you are tired of blinky buttons on  your millenium dash, upgrade to a PCS panel system. I have two systems built and can deliver quickly.

The system takes about two hours to install, once you have removed the under dash footboard for your particular boat and the old switch panel hardware. So, figure 3-4 hours depending on your skillset there, some of the screws are hidden in carpet.

The new touchpanel assembly mounts to the existing dash with minor modifications behind the old fake wood or fake carbon fiber plastic plate. The new relay switchbox is a drop in replacement for the old box, wires are numbered.

The button panel software has several versions depending on your boat model and installed options. This includes all standard buttons, heater, power hatch, ballast controls with separate control of each tank. Blower comes on automatically for 1 min when panel powers up, and bilge pump can run in auto (60 sec/hour) or manual mode.

Panel offers full internet access via phone hotspot, and you can use VNC to control remotely on phone or tablet.
Pete

'01 Epic SX

vavrousek

• Guppy
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello... any options/upgrades for failing gauges? Thank you!

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yes, there's a sticky about that on the main forum. All the wiring is there to go to standard analog gauges. Capt Rick has put together a package with the correct gauges for your application, saves you the legwork and makes it easy. I'd recommend it.
Pete

'01 Epic SX

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
UPDATE:
We've added a version for the 2001/2002 SX with ballast controls. With this setup, you can independently control fill and drain of the tanks, rather than the cumbersome factory setup. Fill or drain functions time out after 30 min, unlike factory which will run your battery down if you forget to turn them off. Pic of panel buttons to follow.
Pete

'01 Epic SX

toyotafreak

• Toyota should pay me
  • Classic and clean
    • View Profile
    • Email
Pete - man, you still a straight hustler. So cool!!!
Derek Boyer
derek.boyer@att.net

2000 Epic S22