Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 22:22:45 pm

Author Topic: Epic 21 For Sale  (Read 2544 times)

Rambling Wreck

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
Epic 21 For Sale
« on: June 25, 2021, 19:34:56 pm »
Well guys, it's time. As most of you know, I love my E21 and have kept it in the best condition I can. However, the kids have grown and flown the coop and on the rare occasions they get to the lake, they only want to go on sunset cruises on the pontoon. For various personal reasons, I haven't been to the lake myself much over the past few years. I have thought about selling because someone ought to be enjoying this boat but have equivocated when the time came until now. I am now committed to seeing it move to the next owner.  That is the why. Below is the what:

Epic 21 closed bow with 250 hours (told you I haven't been using it much lately!). With the same engine as the larger Epics on a smaller, lighter boat, I think of it as the sports car of the line vs the SUVs. Handling is awesome...incredibly nimble. It can pull two adult males up on slalom skis and yet flies across the water at full throttle. It is essentially the same boat and in the same condition as when I bought it in 2005 except for the custom Bimini top I added. The original sound system was upgraded with 6 Speakers, (2 on tower, 4 in boat) 4 channel amplifier and a subwoofer. It also has a custom Wakeboard tower designed by our own Breakawaydaze and built by New Dimensions. It has been in a slip, on a lift, and under a cover when not in use the entire time I have owned it. For those of you that attended the RoundUps, the condition of the boat is exactly the same as when you saw it. In addition to the annual maintenance/winterization  routine we all follow, it has had the Timing Belt and Exhaust Hoses replaced. The original single axle trailer will, of course, be included and will have new tires at the time of sale. 

I wanted to post here first in case any of you know of anyone looking. No one knows or appreciates these boats better than all of you. In a few days I will put it on FB Marketplace, eBay and I have been invited to put it on my pontoon dealer's showroom floor as a consignment sale. NADA (J.D. Power) indicates a value of $16,000 but doesn't take into account engine hours. Between the very low hours, near pristine condition and the current market conditions, I have set the price at $18,000 in hopes of a quick sale.  For pics or any other information you want or need, feel free to PM me.
Don't be so humble, you're not that great.

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Epic 21 For Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 20:04:48 pm »
It is a super nice boat, I can say from experience. E21's are probably the largest "tournament" type boat made, and they make better wakeboard boats than ski boats:)
Pete

'01 Epic SX

breakawaydaze

• Toyota should pay me
  • Not without my Epic!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 22:13:54 pm »
Definitely a piece of Epic History!  If Toyota had a museum, this is the E21 that should be in it!  Love my S22, but miss that E21, its gonna make someone a spectacular boat! Hope it gets loved as it has been!

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 00:36:38 am »
Oh, and it's black, which was unheard of back in the day:) Interior is like a vanilla ice cream cone. It is clean, clean. And I can also say that Epic 21's have the best exhaust sound of all of the Epics. Definite musclecar tone.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 00:38:30 am by cyclone »
Pete

'01 Epic SX

Rambling Wreck

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 03:05:20 am »
Pete, so it isn't just me that thinks the exhaust note from an E21 is the BEST! I look forward to starting it up the first time every spring just to hear that sound. Also, I still remember you taking it for a spin at a RoundUp and commenting that it "steers like butta". You cant imagine how good it felt to hear that from CYCLONE!

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 21:11:43 pm »
That boat is as nice as any epic I've ever seen, it looked and drove like new last time I saw it. Somebody is going to get a great deal.
Pete

'01 Epic SX

Rambling Wreck

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 17:09:00 pm »
I now have a "You are not going to believe this ...." story. When I got to Hartwell last week took the boat for a spin, I glanced at the hours. To my shock and dismay, I had posted them incorrectly. My pontoon has 250 hours. The Epic has 450 hours. I went to Facebook on Friday to correct my post. It turns out that I have been denied access to FB Marketplace for "Violating Community Standards". I have appealed as I don’t know what I did but it takes them 7 days to respond. That means I will not get an answer until Friday. Meanwhile, they will not let me access Marketplace or communicate via Messenger with any of the folks that have expressed interest. I got tons of response and several people said they wanted to come see the boat this week but no one has my contact info or address so I am dead in the water right now.

I am not comfortable with Craigslist so I may have to go to eBay to sell the boat but I want to first try to follow through with the folks that have already inquired. Needless to say I am furious but that does me no good. Maybe posting here that the boat is still available and asking folks to contact me through the Forum will do some good.

Finally, I anticipate being asked if I will be changing the price of the boat with the hours being 450 instead of 250. The answer is No. I will encourage people to do their research to understand why...

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2021, 20:16:47 pm »
200 hours is one oil change;)

Post it on OnlyInboards.com, great place to deal with.
Pete

'01 Epic SX

Rambling Wreck

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2021, 02:46:06 am »
Thanks Pete. Done!

awood01

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2021, 18:19:41 pm »
Hello,

Please send me pics of your boat!  I had an E21 in the past so am very familiar.  One of the best boats I have ever had, should have never sold it.

Cheers,

Andy

awood0822@gmail.com

Text pics would be great 720-340-0663

Rambling Wreck

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2021, 01:59:50 am »
It is with mixed emotions that I am letting you folks know that I sold my boat. As I described in my initial post, I have hardly used it for the past several years so I wasn't detailing it as much as I should. When I decided to spruce it up to sell it, I thought, "Wow, what am I doing?". It really looks good! Anyway, I forged on and found probably the best solution possible. Andy (Awood01) above bought it. As Andy stated, he owned an E21. He knows the boat. He sent me some pics of his former boat and it was not only beautiful but showroom clean. In theory, it shouldn't matter who bought it but it does. I got an amazing, and quite surprising, amount of interest in the boat but I am thrilled that Andy is the one that will continue to care for it. Just working on a few details of getting it to him... 

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2021, 00:45:23 am »
NICE I Good deal that it went to someone that knows the brand and boat
Pete

'01 Epic SX

awood01

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2021, 17:22:09 pm »
Good morning.....just wanted to post that I had a great experience buying this boat from Rambling Wreck.  He was extremely detailed in communicating what I was buying.  Thank you!!

Additionally, the boat arrived last night after a couple of days on the interstate highway system, which means it likely has more highway miles than it does water miles.  We are very happy with the boat and will be putting in the water this weekend!

Last comment, I too agree the exhaust sound on these boats is very unique and even more cool!!

jboater

• Guppy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2022, 03:25:51 am »
I am curious what did the boat sell for?  I am in the same boat (No pun intended).  I have a 1999 Epic 21 with 400 hours in perfect condition.  My kids are in college and I am older but love this boat.  It is perfect and has been in dry storage since new and maintained per Ricks specs since I got her with 105 hours.  To replace this boat would be close to $50-100K so I am not willing to part with her for less than $20-25K or I might just keep it and auction it off in 20-30 years for who knows how much money! 

awood01

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2022, 18:27:14 pm »
Good day....sorry for delayed response, have not logged into the site for awhile.  The final sale price was $18k. As you and others have commented, I believe the well kept 21 or any version of the 22 will continue to go up in value.

Good luck and I would like to see your boat if you are willing to send pics...text at 720-340-0663.

Andy