Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 21:16:45 pm

Author Topic: Chasity's 2001 SX in TX  (Read 544 times)

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chasity's 2001 SX in TX
« on: April 05, 2023, 10:32:21 am »
I took the posts down at her request. This boat is one of 40 made in 2001.It was a factory test mule and had many modifications to the ballast, which, ..... let me tell you, they never worked. By that I mean any ballast "system" or manufacturer of the time.

DIG THIS YOU LOWBALLING MORONS. This boat has many more attributes than an E21, E22 and is an upgrade on the Vdrive, it is the SX22. They made 40 SX 22's and they were the top of the line boat.

The SX was the first boat of any manufacturer to have ballast tanks below the waterline. As in NOT bags on the floor, walkway,  in the trunk, upsetting the center of gravity of the boat. They used a different ratio ZF transmission and Hurth Vdrive for the SX and a different specific prop WHICH I HAVE VERIFIED is on the boat. It has a ding in it, meh. The prop is an OJ 3 blade 13x11.5 digger prop with heavy cup, .110 for the 1.46:1 digger Vdrive, different from S22.

MOST SX's have the wrong prop and are dogs out of the hole with no weight. This prop is snappy and much better than the 4 blade stainless or the 3 blade ACME on my wall. With ding. Shit happens sometimes.

I know this boat runs well, I have communicated with the owners since they registered it and over the years. It is number 112 in the registry. has a tandem trailer which sucked when brand new, I have had two since brand new and they suck, plymouth acclaim brakes. Yes. You will have to rebuild the brake system on a 2001 year trailer, and I had to do it in 2002, so get to work. IS IT a 22 yr old boat with seats needing love? Yes.

I can tell you for an absolute certainty that the SX's were put together 3X better than the standard Epics, having owned them since the first day and having seen more of the boats in person than any person living except Rick Cohn.

SO, I asked her to reset and not be pressured.
Pete

'01 Epic SX

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chasity's 2001 SX in TX
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 10:37:09 am »
Oh, and there were no runnability issues with the boat as far as what I've heard, I know she was looking for water pump parts at one point but those are standard Johnson inboard water pumps. Same as Supra, etc.
Pete

'01 Epic SX

lakerats247

• Epic God
  • My unicorn is a boat.
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - chasityahman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 16:46:04 pm »
It's okay for people to have their opinion. Opinions are subjective. They are often manipulated for personal gain as well, so it's important to be transparent and let anyone with a mind of their own make their own thoughts. No worries, my friends

I took a 10 minute walk around, condensed it to a 5 minute video, and will just post the link here.

Now that most of all the public ramps are dry on Lake Travis, I will have to get a video of the motor running on the garden hose, because it sounds AMAZING, and is sporting a brand new water pump and new spark plugs. As always, it started the first time after I de-winterized it.
I will post that when I get it up. :)

Thanks for being such supportive peeps over the years. I'm going to miss our little family here, and will just have to go visit Pete one state away anytime I feel the urge to ride in a bad-ass Epic SX again!

https://youtu.be/_uRwLWtQgCc
Chasity
Austin, TX
Toyota 4Runner #10
2001 Toyota Epic SX
375cc Bombers

Epic Dave

• Up and Come-er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 19:47:01 pm »
Whoever bought this boat (or if anyone else needs this), I believe it was missing an observer seat when sold. I have an extra one I'm looking to get rid of. Send me a private message if interested.
2001 S22 | 2001 Sequoia