Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 20:57:25 pm

Author Topic: S22 for sale, maybe...  (Read 24619 times)

festivus

• Toyota should pay me
  • you know you want one
    • View Profile
    • Email
S22 for sale, maybe...
« on: January 05, 2006, 17:05:07 pm »
So I am fishing to see if there is any interest in my S22.? I would like to get something with a ballast before I get any older and can't take advantage of a weighted boat.? Would love a nice SX, but haven't seen one for sale in a while.?
About my S22- it is an '01, true blue, around 200 hours (I think 218 or something).? New plugs (Denso), fluids, inpeller, belt at winterization a few months ago, so haven't run it yet with the new stuff.
It has two wakeboard racks, tower speakers and lights, 2xJL 8" subs c amp and MP3 Pioneer head unit.? (I can check model #'s if needed).? 2 batteries with switch.? Bimini, spare tire, full travel cover.? I think the boat is in great condition, normal wear/tear, but nothing noteworthy.? 4 blade prop (factory).?
I have loved this boat since day one, hence the maybe in the subject line.? I am the 2nd owner.? It was purchased new in March of '02 from Phil Dill boats in Dallas.? The original owner had it for a year, and I bought it in August of 2003.? He kept it in a covered unit at Pier 49 (?).? It was in perfect/new condition when he sold it to me.? He didn't have 6 kids like I do, so it has been broken in a bit, but is still in great shape.? It had 85 hours when I bought it.? I found it on a classified page in Dallas, flew down and checked it out, then drove down from Denver and pulled it home.? I added the racks, stereo stuff, battery, and lights.?
So if there is any interest...lemme know.
THE festivus
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 20:06:42 pm by festivus »
1982 Bayliner 175 Cuddy 125 Foh-rce ob
1982 Reliant K- light sky blue
1988 Ford Taurus- deep gold

toyotafreak

• Toyota should pay me
  • Classic and clean
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: S22 for sale, maybe...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 20:34:48 pm »
>>>Derek weeps<<<
Derek Boyer
derek.boyer@att.net

2000 Epic S22
Powered by Lexus, Fueled by Chevron, Lubricated by Mobil 1 ... DNA by Toyota

festivus

• Toyota should pay me
  • you know you want one
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 21:51:03 pm »
Weep not, my friend, let's all pitch in and find a nice SX for me.  One that isn't a "new" one from a Washington dealer.  Plus, who know, maybe I chicken out and keep the tried and true blue.

Bitzco

• Toyota should pay me
  • How Gilligan got off the island.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 02:47:24 am »
Y'all just have to understand Fest. He loves the motorized vehicles and can't seem to hold on to one specimen for very long. There are too many new and exciting ones out there to drive around. I think the Fest has owned/driven/lusted for all of them--even the Kia he uses to pull that S-22 around. I support him in all his vehicle buying efforts cuz it gives me the chance to drive the vehicle of the day. I think my favorite driver was the Honda S2000. That sucker absolutely hugged the road. Fest scared the crap out of me in it. It is ants in the pants syndrome.
03 Pilot, 01 Epic SX, 330 cc bombers and 4 kids in back. Working to retire to a lakeside cottage with my own boat dock.

festivus

• Toyota should pay me
  • you know you want one
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 14:05:30 pm »
Bitzco, you're just jealous cuz I wouldn't let you drive Kia.  Why ya wanna be doggin' me?  I figure, if I die tomorow, or even tonight, I wanna go out having experienced the most things (OK, guys, I ain't no brokeback steer queer) possible, within reason.  I want my eulogy to read something like "World traveler, fun guru, and a dead on movie critic."
So go ahead and hate me for being edgy.  I'm cool with that.

Rambling Wreck

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 14:46:53 pm »
Everyone chill (for the moment)...the boy is talking about Epic to Epic. Now, if he starts up this crud again about moving to BUville, jump him and crush him.
Don't be so humble, you're not that great.

festivus

• Toyota should pay me
  • you know you want one
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 15:08:24 pm »
Who said anything about anything.  I was thinking a 175 Bayliner Capri.  I saw one with the sparkley fishing-boat style paint the other day.  Suu-Weeet. 
I would love an SX, if one can't be found, then maybe a 23LSV or 247LSV.  I have a BU hookup, so could get a new one for less than MSRP.

Bitzco

• Toyota should pay me
  • How Gilligan got off the island.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 16:43:54 pm »
Fest, I love ya man. I'll let the rest of the crew on the site pound and ground. After all, I do believe Pete is training to be a cage fighter. Me, I'm just chatting online with babes all day. Those 3 or 4 hour chatrooms every afternoon don't leave me much time for looking at other boats or honing my cage fighter skills.
03 Pilot, 01 Epic SX, 330 cc bombers and 4 kids in back. Working to retire to a lakeside cottage with my own boat dock.

festivus

• Toyota should pay me
  • you know you want one
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 23:40:18 pm »
I wonder what I could get on a trade for the S22 at the upcoming boat show?  I think the Ebtide dealer told be he'd trade me straight accross for the 16 foot Fisherooski.  It has 2 live wells and a fish finder. 

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 13:52:08 pm »
You ought to take a hard look at the gas bill for a day out on a Malibu or other similar boat. Unless you have money gushing out of your hind parts, you will be in the hurt locker, 75$-$100 every time out unless you just park and listen to the radio. I think the bu's are cool but when I do the math, I just can't justify it. I would gain nothing.  If I had unlimited bucks, I'd just buy a house with a three or four or five slip boathouse. Got to have an old wood runabout, a beer barge, an Epic or two, an '04 VLX with the blade tower, a sailboat, and a Dale Earnhardt model Gambler bass boat in extra sparkly. 8)
Pete

'01 Epic SX

festivus

• Toyota should pay me
  • you know you want one
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 15:49:41 pm »
i am sure it'd be 75-100 greenies for a day.  I found it interesting last summer at Powell, we boated every day with my Tige 22vriders friend, and at the pump ours was better, but not by as much as I was thinking.  He was maybe 15-25/day more.   But it is definetely something to think about...

toyotafreak

• Toyota should pay me
  • Classic and clean
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 00:50:35 am »
Want all the best for our Fest, don't get me wrong, but if all those lofty dreams fall through, a good alternative might be....

1) Get the parts & recipe from Captain Rick to change your tranny's gear ratio to SX if not already there.

2) Give up your v-drive lockers for 1300 pounds of custom automatic fat sac and you can keep your trunk for boards and babes.

3) Get used to a 700-pound Big Bump in the walkway.

....for reference, I haven't wakeboarded behind a BU or MC, and have only been in a SAN empty and with 1K, but the S22's wake starts getting pretty fun at 2K. 3K is meaty, defined and definitely gives you pause when edging into it.

I personally like at least a pair of Rules down by the rudder tiller with an intake on the transom (if you had a break you could always get on-plane to stop the flow) and exhausting out the side up high. Simple and sort of quick (the 1300-pounds under the hatch would take about ten minutes with one fill pump, but why wait when you could hit it with two fill pumps?)

The only thing an SX would give you is an extra sac in the floor and a lot of unknowns.

A new BU would give you a real warranty, speed control, a great wake when weighted to gas-guzzling proportions, and that new boat smell. They definitely have their plusses.
Derek Boyer
derek.boyer@att.net

2000 Epic S22