Epic Boards > Announcements

Replace your failed DECC electronics with a touchpanel WIFI system. For less

(1/7) > >>

cyclone:
HI all. If you don't know me, my name is Pete and I secured this domain and started this forum several decades ago. I am a tinkerer, and started by contributing some documentation and presentations of maintenance procedures for our boats as Toyota discontinued manufacture and support of the boats.

With help from Toyota and lots of active forum members, we've been able to keep our fine boats running for many years. I am on my second Epic and might buy one or three more, who knows?

If you read the forum you will see that a large portion of the posts are about problems with the electronic dash switching system. If you have a boat with manual, discrete switches, you don't have the issues, but could still upgrade to a more modern solution.

I offer a 7" touch screen panel embedded in an anodized, engraved aluminum panel, to replace your stock switching system.

The system offers 16 channels, as original, with 10 amp relays replacing the original 7 amp relays. Button function is customizable but follows the convention of the original system. This makes it easy, you simply connect the power and ground wires and the numbered pigtail connector to the same 16 connections on top of the new box.

The system boots and defaults to a touch panel with the same layout but with the Epic font, much more visible than the original tiny pushbuttons and LED displays.

The panel is a full function PC with wireless internet access for streaming and access via cel. There's approximately 45 GB available for local media storage. Bluetooth, wireless, phone or tablet control, all standard on the Epic Panel.

There are a couple of options when it comes to face panels to mount to your dash, and provide a place to mount your ignition switch. The cost of these anodized, engraved panels is a pass-through, but the more costly option recesses the touch panel in a 4mm thick aluminum plate so that it is flush. Standard is a 3mm, engraved, anodized plate with no recess, still looks and performs great. Same, 1 year unconditional warrantee.

Please send me a message via the site and I can give you a quote for your specific needs, of course, customization is available.

cyclone:
Here's the manual, it is a work in progress

cyclone:
I'm building three systems now, so hit me up, quick delivery and service after sale, no worries.

cyclone:
Here's the latest panel display for a 2002 Epic. This panel has momentary controls for Horn, Hatch Up and Down, and three way heater controls that change button colors. This is plug and play to original harness on DECC box and factory power connections. Relay module replaces DECC box.

The button labels and function are fully customizable, as is the desktop. All units include wireless and bluetooth, and cel phone or tablet control using VNC software (free)

Options include powered USB data and charging hub, HIFI sound card, camera, working on OBD2 engine display, HDMI video extender, etc etc. What would you like?

cyclone:
here's more pics of a full system with hifi interface and powered USB charging and data hub. This system includes the upgraded 4mm thick anodized aluminum panel with recessed screen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version