Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 22:26:04 pm

Author Topic: Swivel seat anyone?  (Read 7940 times)

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Swivel seat anyone?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 07:53:11 am »
That's a killer mod, definitely going to do it on my boat:)) Thanks for all the pics and detail Arrowhead!!
Pete

'01 Epic SX

masonlk

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 16:36:03 pm »
Nice job. Glad someone figured out all that offsetting stuff. I would have just slapped it together and then bitched for hours as I redid it all.

arrowheadsaver

• Epic God
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 16:21:48 pm »
Yes you can use the lock in swivel. I chose this one.  They are the same size, only difference is price and the other locks.
2001 Epic X-22, 1999 Ford F350 Powerstroke. All mine.

ScarabEpic22

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 00:12:53 am »
Awesome!  Definitely doing this mod this summer!  Ill will use a locking swivel though, it would drive me nuts to have the seat flop around while driving...

Guess I need to get some $$ from the 'rents for Epic mod money.  They will probably be happy Im not modding my TrailBlazer for once hahaha! ::)
~Erik~
Ski: 1999 Epic 22 Charcoal w/Surf, Pioneer HU, Infinity speakers+sub (2017), Acme 541
Tow: 2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS AWD
Tow 2: 2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT lifted, modded
Play: 1987 Wellcraft Scarab 1 O/B, 03 Merc OptiMax 250XS Racing, modded

Brad R.

• Up and Come-er
  • Water makes her wet.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 08:55:44 am »
This is a great and simple mod to do (I finished mine last week). But i forgot to take the angle of the slider base into account, and the seat leans to the left at the same angle as the base when swiveled toward the passenger (roughly 25 degrees). Most factory installed swivel seats do not spin on a tilted axis like this, and i wish i would have taken the time to correct for this before welding it all together. Maybe i should use good old nuts and bolts next time. And by the way i have a 2002 SX and the seat was very easy to dismantle and re-install.

sirsleepalot

• Up and Come-er
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 14:23:18 pm »
Hey guys.  I did a similar mod on mine, but now with a swivel.  I added a flip-up bolster seat, but don't like how the seat rides nose high and pushes the flip up bolster all the way back against the seat.  Has anyone installed a low-rise pedestal?  I'm thinking of trying a 6" pedestal in place of the OEM seat braecket assembly.  Any input is welcome here before I buy the materials and force myself to do lots of fabrication. 

bullet1w

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email

wakejunky

• Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 02:15:51 am »
finally did this mod last week. not bad, a little disappointed it does not swivel unless moved all the way forward. i did use a garelick 7 degree tilt swivel, mounted upside down to make up for the seat base angle. just shy of being level. having a level seat made a huge difference in driving and seat comfort. not to mention i don't have to use a booster cushion or drive on one knee anymore. the back of the seat was raised almost four inches. this may be why it doesn't swivel all the way. not real sure. curious if anybody else has this problem after adding the swivel?

just some advice- buy the locking swivel. its kind of annoying having it move around while driving. My girls biggest complaint. biggest compliment was having a level seat she could see a lot better while driving.
OVER 800 HRS ON 2 EPICS.
99 E22- Sold 2007
01 SX - Sold 2013
2014 Axis A22-Sold 2018
?

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2021, 04:40:40 am »
Hi Wakejunky, if you are still out in the ether. Finally getting around to this mod, curious which model garelick tilt swivel slide mount you used. I can find one that says it has a tilt feature but pics aren't good and description is worse. 7 deg doesn't seem enough to level out the seat. its 224$ so want to be sure before I order. Thanks in advance if you see this, hope all is great in your world
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/garelick--low-profile-seat-slide-and-locking-swivel--3683398?recordNum=13
Pete

'01 Epic SX

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2021, 05:51:45 am »
OK found it for 75$ cheaper from this place, pulled the trigger on it. I don't get how an offcenter mount of the swivel moves the seat away from the kill switch and shifter but I can see how moving it back would do it. Anyway, I will experiment and figure it out, and take pics!

https://www.iboats.com/shop/garelick-low-profile-seat-slide-and-locking-swivel.html
Pete

'01 Epic SX

Epic Dave

• Up and Come-er
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2021, 18:57:30 pm »
I used this (for ~$80): https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200487875_200487875

The reason I chose this one is that it is heavy duty and the hole pattern *almost* matches our seats. I just had to open up a couple of them a bit. I used the spacers it came with on the back two bolts to level it out so it doesn't lean when you swivel and gives shorter people a couple more inches of height. The lever is in a good spot too - easy to access, but not in the way of the slide lever.

It actually works great, but as I mentioned in another post, I put in on top of a new pair of factory slides and they are already starting to bend. I'm interested to see how Cyclone's new mount works out - I like the idea of slide and swivel in one, durable part.

How about a power seat with tilt/recline...controlled from your touch screen?
2001 S22 | 2001 Sequoia

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2021, 07:52:58 am »
Thats not a bad idea;) You should see some of the fancy seat controls Garelick makes, there's a youtube.

I finished the pedestal, need to drill two mounting holes but want to measure first. I will have pics up tomorrow. It is a hair under 4" taller than original and I'm putting some compression springs in the back to level it and provide some suspension. Should be pretty cool and a big improvement over stock seating position, which sucks. Thats part of why the boats weren't well accepted, they obviously weren't set up by someone that pulled skiers and wakeboarders.
Pete

'01 Epic SX

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2021, 05:49:33 am »
[/img]OK here's the mount. I sandwiched the mount between two 5/16" 10" wide aluminum plates. Bottom one is hinged and attaches to front two mounting points of seat tracks on the pedestal. I centered it ( no port stbd offset)and mounted it with the seat adjustment midranged on the new mount, but centered at the point of the current location of the seat, about 3" aft of center adjustment, where the track is bent from me sitting on the back of the seat to navigate effectively.  At this position, the seat swivels 180 deg.

It does rotate around on a plane of about 25 deg, but I will fix that tomorrow with two motorcycle fatboy seat springs mounted to the rear seat track mounting holes, that the hinged plate will sit on, leveling it. Might have to add a spring or three but that's cheap and easy.

The seat is 4" higher, and is closer to the steering wheel, which is low on an Epic. I think it is perfect now, depends how you want to see out of the windshield on plane and how tall you are. I tilt the wheel up anyway but you may prefer shopping kart kiddie car steering wheel position. You can do that but you can't swivel 180 at the furthest reaches of aft seat position.

If you wanted to go lower you could easily cut/modify the boats angled pedestal base. It is rugged, about 3/8" thick with reinforcement. On my boat, there's a tank under the floorboard, but either way you could easily reinforce and use a straight up tube pedestal base mounted to floor. It's just a hollow fiberglass platform, no big whup.
Access to slide adjustment is tight, it's on starboard side. It's easy to access once you turn 45 deg or so. I'm good with it.

I'll get some installed pics up tomorrow, it was raining buckets all day
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 06:04:03 am by cyclone »
Pete

'01 Epic SX

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2021, 05:59:06 am »
old seat track is sitting on top for perspective. underneath seat was dis-gus-ting
Pete

'01 Epic SX

cyclone

• Administrator
  • Toyota should pay me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2021, 16:57:59 pm »
Here's some pics, works great:)
Pete

'01 Epic SX