Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2017, 00:39:54 AM

Author Topic: Chucked MY MDCC  (Read 1508 times)

Sammamish Skier

• Epic God
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chucked MY MDCC
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 16:45:09 PM »
I chucked the MDC in my 99 E22 as well and couldnt be happier. I went with sierra gauges and swapped out the bulbs with red LEDs to match the original factory look. I also installed a GPS speedo which is perfect for skiing on the lake near our home. Likely wouldn't work well onnrivers due to drift.  Happy to post pictures here for others, I just need to dig them up.

jhardy3

• Epic God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 18:14:02 PM »
I chucked the MDC in my 99 E22 as well and couldnt be happier. I went with sierra gauges and swapped out the bulbs with red LEDs to match the original factory look. I also installed a GPS speedo which is perfect for skiing on the lake near our home. Likely wouldn't work well onnrivers due to drift.  Happy to post pictures here for others, I just need to dig them up.

For future reference, I would like to see a couple of pictures as well as an approximate cost. Thanks!
1999 Toyota Epic 22- SOLD to a guy in Greenville, TN
Perfect Pass GPS Star Gazer
Monster Tower and Board Rack
Bow Filler Cushion

Sammamish Skier

• Epic God
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 22:40:58 PM »
Here are the before and after images.

For cost reference:

Sierra 69713P Eclipse Series - 6 Gauge Set ~$180
Sierra 781684035P ECLIPSE SPEEDO GPS-35MPH ~$80
12 vold RS232 nmea 183 GPS receiver I found on ebay ~$60 ( the sierra one is really expensive)
Various crimp connectors and wire to match the factory harness from Gregs Marine Wire Supply $200

Note: I rewired the main 12v runs to the dash and installed new breakers for that so a large portion of the $200 is the wire for that and not the gauges.

Capt Rick

• Toyota should pay me
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chucked MDC not MMDC
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 02:14:08 AM »
THIS IS FOR 1999 Which uses a MDC NO LONGER Available. also need a alarm system for low oil pressue and high water temp.

suggest a 1/8 tee on oil sender  and a block heat sensor connected to orange wire .